This farm was constituted on November 14, 1998 as a non-profit association with the purpose to complement Costa Ricas environmental education and to strengthen the relationship between society and the environment.
The near by town 'La Flor' is a typical rural Costa Rican community located in the high lands of the Central Valley, 1250 meters (4000 feet) above sea level. The grounds of the farm include 10 hectares of regenerated forest, botanical and medicinal gardens, domestic animals (goats, chickens, horses) and organic agriculture. The property displays a panoramic view of the Orosi Valley, one of the most beautiful valleys in the country.
Your work includes
Guided work from Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m to 12:00 noon
- Organic agriculture
- Botanical garden and forest
- Domestic animals
- Medicinal plants
- Environmental Education, discussions of environmental problems and possible solutions
- cross-cultural interaction
Things to bring
- come to develop a special skill
- experience living with nature
- spanish knowledge is not required - it is to the volunteer´s advantage to study Spanish to communicate with the local people who work at the farm. The farm runs an Alternative Spanish Language Institute where classes are offered.
- ages are welcome all year round for a short or long period of time
It is located in a beautiful, natural environment in the town of La Flor - approximately one and a half hours outside of San Jose (two hours by bus), above the Orosi Valley near Paraíso of Cartago, Costa Rica.