This school exists since 2008 in Nicoya and is supported by SINEM (Sistema Nacional de Educación Nacional). Here the children learn first of all classic and traditional music. Local cultural organizations are helping the school buying instruments and offering rooms for rehearsal. There are actually around 600 students from 4-19 years but there are only very few teachers that get paid – mostly the students teach each other.
Your work includes
- teaching children, giving instrument lessons
- joining orchestra concerts
- help in special events
Things to bring
- you should play an instrument like violin, viola, cello, contrabass, transverse flute, sax, oboe, trumpet, tuba …
- enjoy work with children, responsibility
- elementary knowledge of spanish; there is the possibility to book spanish classes with first hand
- middle of December until beginning of February
- Easter week
- 1st of May Labour Day
- first two weeks of July
- 25th of July Día de la Annexión de Guanacaste
- 15th of September Independence Day
During the school holidays there will be holiday programs for the children!
The school is located in Nicoya, near the northwest pacific coast of Costa Rica in Guanacaste.
If you register here and start the project, we will plant a tree for you!